Sunday, November 8, 2015

He is still good


Sometimes I am afraid of what life will be like in the future.  I don't want to grow old alone and my children will go to college in years you can count on one hand.  I enjoy having a significant other, a companion of the mind, soul and body.  I love to drink coffee and talk about life.  Watch tv and try to guess at the next twist coming in the storyline.  Cooking new recipes in the kitchen while adding our own ideas along the way.  Sitting beside a man in church that loves God as much as you do and seeks His heart in everything he does.....I go through periods where I am not sure this kind of life exists anymore.  And for most of us, I don't think we are living the fairy tale lives we grew up believing in.  I know I am not.  I also know that I still have a small glimmer of hope that that kind of love and companionship exists in the world.  That God made men greater than what we portray them to be.  Warriors.  Providers.  Lovers of our bodies, our minds and our souls.  I am holding on to the promises of God - that even if it never happens for me, that He is still good.  (check out Daniel for that one)  May be it is in the cards for me, maybe not.  My worth is not determined by my situation here on this earth.  I am only here for a short time.  I am staking my claim with Christ. :





No comments:

Post a Comment